The information we collect from you may be stored and processed outside of your home country to the extent permissible by law. We take steps to ensure that the information we collect is processed according to this privacy statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
We have networks, databases, servers, systems, support, help desks, and offices located around the world, including outside the EU.
We use service providers located around the world, including outside the EU to serve the needs of our business, workforce, and customers. We take appropriate steps to ensure that personal information is processed, secured, and transferred according to applicable law. In some cases, we may need to disclose or transfer your personal information within our organization or to third parties in areas outside of your home country (including areas outside the EU).
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information outside of the EU to recipients in other countries (such as the U.S.), we will either use specific contractual terms approved by the European Commission (“Standard Contractual Clauses”) or another approved data transfer mechanism that will provide your personal data with equivalent protection as that afforded by the GDPR.
California Residents – Notice at Collection and Privacy Rights
This Notice at Collection of Personal Information (Notice at Collection) supplements our privacy statement and includes details about the personal information we collect from California residents and the purposes for which that personal information will be used. This Notice at Collection applies solely to California residents.
We adopt this Notice at Collection in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (CPRA) and any terms defined in the CCPA/CPRA have the same meaning when used in this Notice at Collection.
This notice describes the personal information we may collect and the purpose for that collection as well as your rights under the CCPA/CPRA. For additional information on our privacy practices, please see other sections of our privacy statement.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
We may collect the following categories of information from and about you:
- Identity information including your name, title and company,
- Contact information including your email address.
- Technical information, such as your IP address, cookies, HTTP headers, browser type and version, time zone settings and location and operating system and platform, and
- Usage information, such as how you engaged with our Site, including time spent on a page, and articles or features you read.
We do not collect sensitive personal information as defined by the CPRA.
Categories of Sources from which Personal Information is Collected
We may collect these categories of information from various sources, including you or your engagement with the Site.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose
We may disclose the categories of personal information listed above for a business purpose with third parties, such as analytics providers.
We do not “sell” or “share” your personal information as defined by the CCPA/CPRA.
California Residents’ Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know/Access the personal information we have collected about you, including the categories of personal information, the categories of sources from which that information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting that information and the specific pieces of personal information the business has collected about you;
- Right to Delete personal information that the business has collected from or about you, subject to certain exceptions;
- Right to Correct inaccurate personal information that we have about you;
- Right to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights;
- We do not sell or share your personal information for targeted advertising. If we did, you would have the right to opt-out of that practice; and
- We do not collect sensitive personal information from you. If we did, you would have the right to limit our use or disclosure of that information.
If you are a California resident, you or your authorized agent may exercise these rights by:
- Call us toll free at 1-800-255-2218.
- Fill out this form.
Prior to exercising your rights, we must verify your identity to a reasonable degree of certainty. To verify your identity, when feasible, we will use information about you that we already have; however, on occasion we may need to request additional information, which we will use only for the purposes of verification. We may also use a third-party identify verification service.
The information we need to verify your request will depend on the type of request, the sensitivity of the personal information requested, and/or the risk of harm to you. Upon receipt of your request, we will notify you if we need additional information from you to verify your request.
We will process your verifiable request free of charge, but we are only obligated to provide information to you pursuant to such requests two times in a 12-month period. Note, we may deny your request in whole or in part if we cannot verify your identity. For requests to delete, we will not delete any personal information unless we have confirmed with you that you want your personal information deleted, unless otherwise required by applicable law. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so, we may require that you confirm directly to us that you have provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request, and even if you elect to use an authorized agent to make a request, we may verify your identity directly with you.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, including where we reasonably consider that we need to use it for a reason that is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you as required by law.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.